Concept Development: Kingsley Hall

Some concept and idea development looking into Kingsley Hall. I put together a little digital collage to illustrate the king of aesthetics I was working with. I wanted to use psychedelic imagery to reference the use of hallucinogenics at Kingsley Hall, and I was also working with descriptions of the interior at the time: lots of bright prints, cushions scattered over the floor, smoky rooms from incense and cigarettes.

I also started playing with the idea of doing some 3D work; I thought the best way to illustrate this building and the kind of place it was, was to create a hypothetical room inspired by the accounts of the people of visited/were treated there. I wanted to include pieces of textile work, paintings inspired by Mary Barnes, references to psychiatric treatments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Ariel' Inspired prints