Project Final Work

 For my final piece I wanted to continue with the same kind of narratives I'd been exploring throughout the project, that being short-form conceptual horror stories. 

While I was thinking of ideas for a new short I thought back to the 10 panel narrative workshop we'd done at the start of the project and the little story I came up with for that. I'd liked the concept of the comic but really wasn't pleased with my execution, so I decided I wanted to reproduce it in a more fully-realized piece. 

I stuck with the same conventions I'd chosen throughout the project; monochromatic, body-horror centric, dialogue-less and focused almost solely around the concept. This time however I wanted to put more of a focus onto aspects of presentation like structure and detail. 

I also wanted to apply some of the book binding techniques I'd learned throughout the project, so I bound the short into a small pamphlet and then initially to make a cover out of card, however I found this looked scruffy and wasn't sturdy enough to last being repeatedly handled so I made a case binding with a denim cover instead. I used denim really just because it was the only black fabric I had to hand and I wanted to maintain my monochromatic palette, but I also think the sturdiness of the fabric helps bulk out what could otherwise be a somewhat flimsy book, since there aren't so many pages in it as it is only a short story. 




I have attatched both photographs and scans of the final product so you can see how it reads as a book but also get a detailed view of each panel. The final piece is an A5 landscape case-bound book containing a short horror narrative created in ink.


Crawling



































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Ariel' Inspired prints